Sunday, October 3, 2010

Project 2: Landscape Design Analysis

The above map includes tree percentage for all 5 neighborhoods as well as carbon storage and sequestration values. This information was prepared by re-classifying area imagery in 3 categories and making a few calculations with methods and equations used by CITYgreen.

This analysis portion was pretty straight forward. The only part I was confused about was the calculations for both carbons. I wasn't sure if I calculated correctly. For the example, on neighborhood 1 for Carbon Storage Capacity, I got: 91.1983747614641 but did the following expression in the field calculator.

Study area (Sum of total acres) * % tree cover [PERCENT] * Carbon Storage Multiplier 0.4303 =

I used the Sum of total acres for the neighborhood since I thought that was the study area for that particular neighborhood, if that makes sense. I did this for each neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment