Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Module 6 - Choropleth Mapping

This map was created to show the population change percentage for the U.S states during 1990-2000. We were given the data and had to create a choropleth map using both ArcMap and Illustrator. I didn't have any issues with this assignment.

This map was created using the first map as a base map. It shows the percentage change in population by Divisions. We were given an excel spreadsheet with the population for 1990 and 2000. With this information, we had to calculate the change in population and for each division. This took me the longest as I didn't understand how calculate even with provided equation. I finally separated the states by Division and figured it out.

2 comments:

  1. I think your seperations are a little more uniform then mine. It was a lot harder to do that then I thought it would be mainly because of the Southern division having Florida and Virginiasticking so far west. I couldn't get a uniform break that I liked and just went with what I did. Good job. I've looked at a lot of your maps, you have some great map-making skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mandy! Your labels look very nice with the callouts.

    ReplyDelete